1-866-WE LISTEN or 919-967-7273
Our Help Line operates 24 hours a day, every day of the year. Trained staff and volunteers (“Companions”) provide support for survivors of sexual violence and their loved ones. You can call us immediately after experiencing violence, weeks later, or even years later. We support survivors of all types of sexual violence: rape, assault, harassment, stalking, incest, and adult survivors of child sexual abuse.
Our Companions can:
- Talk with you over the phone or meet with you face-to-face
- Provide emotional support
- Go with you to the hospital
- Go with you to the police to make a report
- Go with you to court appointments
- Give you information about laws
- Give you information about other services, like support groups and therapy
- Help you find books or other resources that you might find helpful
- Answer questions about your healing process
We have both female and male Companions. You may request to speak with whomever you feel most comfortable.
What to expect when you call the Help Line:
During business hours (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm):
- You will speak directly to a Companion.
After business hours and on weekends:
- You will speak to an answering service. They will ask for your first name and phone number.
- The answering service will notify the on-call Companion, who will call you back within 15 minutes.
- It’s okay if you don’t want to leave your name, as long as you pick up the phone when the Companion calls you back.
If you don’t speak English, you can still call the Help Line! We have Spanish-speaking Companions on call. For other languages, we can use a translator.
To reach the Help Line:
Toll Free: 1-866-WE LISTEN (935-4783)