April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM), but we can work together all year to raise awareness and prevent violence.
How You Can Help
- Check out the resources from the National Sexual Violence Resource Center.
- Support the Center by donating and coming to our events.
- Donate items on our wishlist.
- Volunteer at the Center.
- Host a fundraiser for the Center.
- Engage in online activism.
- Be a supportive listener to those affected by sexual assault.
- Talk to your friends about healthy relationships.
- Replace victim-blaming statements with statements of support.
- Educate yourself.
- Talk to your children about safe touches and preventing violence. Request our Community Educators to present a program to your kids’ daycare, youth group, or sports team.
- Request our Community Educators to present a program for adults to your PTA, book club, social club, church group, or office.
- Challenge rape myths and stereotypes.
- Speak up when you hear sexist language or someone downplaying the severity of sexual assault.