Support Group Facilitators lead support groups for survivors of sexual violence. Our support groups aim to provide a welcoming space for survivors who share similar experiences with sexual violence. Facilitators help create a safe environment to provide participants the opportunity to support each other in healing. Each group is led by two trained facilitators.
Examples of past groups include:
- Survivors of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Survivors of Incest and Child Sexual Abuse
- Spanish-Speaking Survivors of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Secondary Survivors (partners, family members, friends of survivors)
- Male Survivors
- LGBTQ Survivors
- Healing through Art
- Healing with Nature (Horticultural Therapy)
- Healing Through Movement
- Other groups related to sexual assault may be offered as requested by community members.
- SGFs are welcome to propose ideas for new groups or workshops.
Expectations for Support Groups Facilitators:
- Complete 30 hours of training.
- At least one 8-12 week support group for primary or secondary survivors of sexual violence.
- At least one 2-hour workshop that helps survivors develop tools for self-care and managing trauma symptoms.
- Prior OCRCC Companion training, mental health training, and/or group facilitation experience preferred.
Support Group Facilitator Training (30 hours)
- Summer SGF Training will begin in June 2015 and will be held on Tuesday evenings and Saturdays. Please see the schedule below.
- Please note that the training schedule may be subject to change. All training sessions are mandatory.
- Apply here by June 8!
- Questions? Please contact Programs Director Bethany Wichman-Buescher at email@example.com or 919-968-4647.
- Tuesday, June 23, 6-9pm
- Tuesday, June 30, 6-9pm
- Tuesday, July 7, 6-9pm
- Saturday, July 11, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday, July 14, 6-9pm
- Saturday, July 18, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday, July 21, 6-9pm
- Tuesday, July 28, 6-9pm
- Saturday, August 1, 10am-1pm
- Tuesday, August 4, 6-9pm