Support Group Facilitators lead support groups for survivors of sexual violence. Our support groups aim to provide a welcoming space for survivors who share similar experiences with sexual violence. Facilitators help create a safe environment to provide participants the opportunity to support each other in healing. Each group is led by two trained facilitators.
Examples of past groups include:
- Survivors of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Survivors of Incest and Child Sexual Abuse
- Spanish-Speaking Survivors of Rape and Sexual Assault
- Secondary Survivors (partners, family members, etc.)
- Healing with Nature: Horticultural Therapy
- Sole Survivors: Running-based Support Group
- Healing Through Movement
- Other groups related to sexual assault may be offered as requested by community members.
Expectations for Support Groups Facilitators:
- Complete 30 hours of training.
- Facilitate at least one 8-12 week support group for primary or secondary survivors of sexual violence each year after completion of training.
- Prior Companion training, mental health training, and/or group facilitation experience preferred.
Support Group Facilitator Training (30 hours)
- We do not have any trainings scheduled at this time.
- Questions? Please contact Programs Director Laurie Graham at email@example.com or 919-968-4647.