Office Volunteers work with the Development & Administrative Coordinator to help the Center run smoothly and efficiently. OVs provide support to staff as needed. They make sure staff members have all the tools they need to support our community.
OVs make an appreciable impact on the Center without the training commitment required of Community Educators and Companions. The OV position is ideal for anyone who wants to give back to their community and be a part of the healing environment of the Center.
Office Volunteers Duties:
- Answer the business phone lines and door.
- Assist with data entry and management.
- Copy fliers and other materials to be distributed.
- Assist with office cleaning tasks.
- Complete many other tasks as needed.
Expectations for Office Volunteers:
- Volunteer for a regular three-hour shift each week during business hours (weekdays, 9am-5pm).
- Commit to volunteering for six months.
- Be flexible and manage time wisely. Volunteers may have several tasks to complete, or they may only be answering the phone during their shift. The workload is constantly changing and unpredictable.
- Be warm and friendly. While volunteers do not respond to crisis calls, they must be welcoming to all clients who come to the office.
Becoming an Office Volunteer:
If you are interested in becoming an OV, please submit an application. We review applications whenever we have an opening, which is typically at the beginning of a semester and especially at the beginning of the summer. Please note that we have a limited number of spaces available for Office Volunteers, so admission to the program is competitive.
Questions? Please contact Development & Administrative Coordinator Gentry Hodnett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-968-4647.