Office Volunteers work with the Administrative Services Coordinator to help the Center run smoothly and efficiently. OVs provide support to staff as needed. They make sure staff members have all the tools they need to support our community.
OVs make an appreciable impact on the Center without the training commitment required of Community Educators and Companions. The OV position is ideal for anyone who likes to give back to their community and wants to be a part of the healing environment of the Center.
Office Volunteers Duties:
- Answer the phones.
- Assist with data entry and management.
- Copy fliers and other materials to be distributed.
- Complete many other tasks as needed.
Expectations for Office Volunteers:
- Volunteer for three hours per week during business hours (weekdays, 9am-5pm).
- Commit to volunteering for three months.
- Manage time wisely. Often, volunteers have several tasks to complete during their shift.
- Be warm and friendly. While volunteers do not to take crisis calls, they must be welcoming to all clients who come to the office.
Becoming an Office Volunteer:
We do not have set terms or training periods for office volunteers. As such, openings for office volunteer positions may arise at any time. If you are interested in becoming an office volunteer, please submit an application. We review applications whenever we have an opening.
Questions? Please contact Administrative Services Coordinator Gentry Hodnett at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-968-4647.