Ambassadors serve as the face of the Center in the community. Ambassadors are outgoing, approachable and enthusiastic promoters of our cause who are trained to make appropriate referrals to our services while spreading the word about what we do.
The Ambassadors program is a meaningful way for volunteers to support the Center, even if they have only limited time to give. Join us in building a stronger, healthier community!
- Represent the Center at community events such as health fairs, charity fairs, and festivals.
- Advertise OCRCC services and events through personal and professional networks.
- Cultivate opportunities for outreach presentations through personal and professional networks (e.g., faith centers, neighborhood associations, workplaces, etc.).
- Deliver short “What is the OCRCC?” presentations to community groups.
- Make appropriate referrals to OCRCC services for potential clients.
- Maintain highest standards of confidentiality.
Expectations for Ambassadors
- Complete all relevant training (10 hours)
- Assist with a minimum of 4 outreach/tabling opportunities per year
- Initiate or coordinate a minimum of 3 new outreach opportunities per year (e.g., table at neighborhood health fair, presentation to book club, etc.)
- 9-month commitment to the Center following volunteer training
Ambassador Training (10 hours)
- The next Outreach Ambassador volunteer training will begin in February 2017. The training schedule will be determined with applicant input.
- Ambassadors are trained by OCRCC staff over the course of four 2.5-hour workshops (10 total hours). These workshops include:
– Introduction to the Center: History, philosophy of service, and services offered
– Sexual Violence in Our Community: Definitions and dynamics of sexual violence, the survivor experience, and trauma-informed response and prevention
– How to Help: Handling disclosures, making appropriate referrals, confidentiality scruples, and role plays
– Representing the Center: Outreach 101 and practice presentations
- Click here to apply today! Applications for Spring 2017 training are due by February 16th.
Questions? Please contact Community Education Director Rachel Valentine at email@example.com or 919-968-4647.