Many survivors feel like they don’t have anyone to talk to about their experiences with sexual violence. Support groups offer a safe space to talk to people with similar experiences. Our groups give survivors the opportunity to support and encourage each other.
We offer discussion-based groups and activity-focused groups. Each group is led by two trained facilitators who have experience working with survivors of sexual violence. Most groups have only 5-10 members and meet weekly for 8-12 weeks. Once they begin, groups are closed to new members. We also offer short-term workshops that focus on a particular topic or activity.
Please note that all groups and workshops require pre-meetings with facilitators. If you are interested in joining a group or workshop, call our help line at 919-967-7273 or email us at email@example.com. We can tell you about upcoming opportunities and how they work. All our groups and workshops are free and confidential.
If a specific group that interests you is not currently available, please contact us at 866-WE LISTEN or firstname.lastname@example.org for information about other options:
- Notification by mail, email, or phone of the next available group
- Information about groups and therapy available in the community
- One-on-one support services
Examples of groups we regularly offer:
- Groups for adult survivors of rape or sexual assault
- Groups for adult survivors of child sexual abuse or incest
- Groups for male survivors of sexual violence
- Groups for LGBTQ survivors of sexual violence
- Workshops for family members, partners, and friends of survivors
- Groups and workshops that use arts and crafts
- Groups and workshops that focus on movement, yoga, dance, and/or the mind-body connection