Many survivors feel like they don’t have anyone to talk to about their experiences with sexual violence. Support groups offer a safe space to talk to people with similar experiences. Our groups give survivors the opportunity to support and encourage each other.
We offer discussion-based groups and activity-focused groups. Each group is led by two trained facilitators who have experience working with survivors of sexual violence. Most groups have only 6-10 members and meet weekly for 8-12 weeks. Once they begin, groups are closed to new members.
If you are interested in joining a group, call our Help Line at 1-866-WE LISTEN or 919-967-7273 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can tell you about upcoming groups and give you information about the structure and format of groups. All our groups are free and confidential.
Upcoming Groups & Workshops:
Monthly Self-Care Workshops for Survivors
When: Every 3rd Sunday of the month
Each month focuses on a different tool for self-care or self-exploration to help you on your healing journey. The goal of these workshops is to provide an opportunity to learn and practice self-care skills together. Survivors of all genders are welcome to attend.
Summer 2015 Workshop Schedule:
July 19 | Horticulture as Healing
In this workshop we will use plants and plant-based materials for self-care. Participants will make herbal products for home use: tea, lavender sachets, massage oil, and facial toner. No gardening or plant knowledge is required, just an open mind and heart. Please join us as we explore the healing power of nature.
Pre-registration is required for each workshop. Space is limited. Please contact Programs Director Bethany Wichman-Buescher at email@example.com or 919-968-4647 to register.
If the specific group you are interested in is not currently available, please call us at 866-WE LISTEN or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about other options:
- Notification by mail, email, or phone of the next available group.
- Information about groups and therapy available in the community.
- One-on-one support services.
Examples of groups we regularly offer:
- Groups for survivors of incest or child sexual abuse
- Groups for male survivors of sexual violence
- Groups for survivors of rape or sexual assault
- Groups for LGBTQ survivors
- Workshops for family members, partners, and friends of sexual violence survivors
- “Healing with Nature” group that utilizes horticultural therapy techniques
- Groups and workshops that use arts and crafts
- Groups and workshops that focus on movement, yoga, dance, and/or the mind-body connection