Many survivors feel like they don’t have anyone to talk to about their experiences with sexual violence. Support groups offer a safe space to talk to people with similar experiences. Our groups give survivors the opportunity to support and encourage each other.
We offer discussion-based groups and activity-focused groups. Each group is led by two trained facilitators who have experience working with survivors of sexual violence. Most groups have only 6-10 members and meet weekly for 8-12 weeks. Once they begin, groups are closed to new members.
If you are interested in joining a group, call our Help Line at 1-866-WE LISTEN or 919-967-7273 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can tell you about upcoming groups and give you information about the structure and format of groups. All our groups are free and confidential.
Upcoming Groups & Workshops:
Workshop Series for Family Members, Partners, and Friends of Sexual Assault and Abuse Survivors
The Orange County Rape Crisis Center will offer a workshop series for the adult parents, partners, family members, and friends of those who have been raped, sexually assaulted, and sexually abused. We will meet weekly for 4 sessions. This is an opportunity to learn, share, and gain support from others who have similar experiences.
Dates will be set once enough participants have registered. Please note that pre-meetings with staff and group facilitators are required for participation. For more information, please contact Programs Director Bethany Wichman-Buescher at 919-968-4647 or email@example.com.
Support Group for Female Survivors of Rape and Sexual Assault
When: January 13-March 3, 2015
Time: Tuesdays, 6-8pm
The Center is offering a support group for adult, female survivors of rape and sexual assault starting in January 2014. We will meet for 8 sessions on Tuesday evenings beginning January 13. This group is an opportunity to learn, share, and gain support from others with similar experiences of sexual violence.
Please note that pre-meetings with staff and group facilitators are required for participation. For more information, contact Programs Director Bethany Wichman-Buescher at 919-968-4647 or firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible
If the specific group you are interested in is not currently available, please call us at 1-866-WE LISTEN or email email@example.com for information about other options:
- Notification by mail, email, or phone of the next available group.
- Information about groups and therapy available in the community.
- One-on-one support services.
Examples of groups we regularly offer:
- Groups for survivors of incest or child sexual abuse
- Groups for male survivors of sexual violence
- Groups for survivors of rape or sexual assault
- Groups for LGBTQ survivors
- Workshops for family members, partners, and friends of sexual violence survivors
- “Healing with Nature” group that utilizes horticultural therapy techniques
- Groups and workshops that use arts and crafts
- Groups and workshops that focus on movement, yoga, dance, and/or the mind-body connection