What is a Sexual Assault Response Team?
The Sexual Assault Response Team (SART) is made up of people who work with survivors of sexual violence. SART members work together to better serve the needs of the community. The SART helps survivors receive medical attention, make police reports, and get support.
Why does Orange County need a SART?
Reporting sexual violence takes courage. We make sure that the people who work with survivors are well-trained. SART members provide services with sensitivity and care. SART members take care of details in the reporting and recovery process, so survivors can focus on healing.
- Local law enforcement agencies
- County District Attorney’s Office
- Sexual Assault Forensic Medical Examination Team from UNC Hospital Emergency Department
- Sexual Assault Forensic Medical Examination Team from UNC Campus Health Services
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- County health department & other community clinics
- The Compass Center
- EMS, fire rescue, and other first response member