This media kit is designed to assist journalists in reporting information about sexual violence. We encourage reporters to familiarize themselves with the material as they educate the public on the impact that sexual violence has on our community and the resources available at the Center.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this resource or if you would like to request an interview, please contact Development & Communications Director Alyson Culin at 919-968-4647 or email@example.com.
The Orange County Rape Crisis Center is a non-profit agency that has served the Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Hillsborough and surrounding communities since 1974. Our mission is to stop sexual violence and its impact through support, education, and advocacy. Our vision is a just and equitable world free of sexual violence and all other forms of oppression. We work to provide help, hope, and healing through our 24-Hour Help Line, support groups, workshops, and therapy referrals. Additionally, the Center offers education programs for both raising awareness about sexual violence and teaching prevention skills. All of our services are free, confidential, and offered in both English and Spanish.
Our Speakers Bureau is comprised of primary and secondary survivors of rape, sexual assault, child sexual abuse, and other forms of sexual violence who are interested in sharing their experiences of trauma and healing. Please click here for more information about the Speakers Bureau.
- 28th Annual Holiday Auction to Benefit the OCRCC – Nov. 2015
- NorthCarolinaHomes.com: A Place of Help, Hope & Healing – Oct. 2015
- OCRCC Executive Director Transition – Oct. 2015
- OCRCC takes action to protect children as a “Partner in Prevention” – July 2015
- OCRCC receives grant from Ronald McDonald House Charities of NC – June 2015
- Daily Tar Heel: Abuse survivors turn to crafting for art therapy – Oct. 2014
- Chapel Hill News: Chamber announces Business of the year award winners – Jan. 2014
- Daily Tar Heel: Rape Crisis Marks 40 Years of Healing – Jan. 2014
- The Herald Sun: Orange County Rape Crisis Center Turns 40 – March 2014