is to stop sexual violence and its impact through support, education, and advocacy.
is a world free of sexual violence and all other oppressions.
About the Center
The Orange County Rape Crisis Center is a 501(c)3 non-profit agency. We have served the Chapel Hill, Carrboro, Hillsborough, and surrounding communities since 1974. We provide 24-hour crisis intervention services to survivors of sexual violence. Our services include our 24-Hour Help Line, support groups, workshops, and therapy referrals. Additionally, the Center offers educational programs for both raising awareness about sexual violence and teaching prevention skills.
In 2007, the Center launched our Latino Services Program to offer bilingual services to the Spanish-speaking community. All our crisis services and education programs are offered in Spanish.
The Orange County Rape Crisis Center employs ten staff members, seven full-time and three part-time. We are a United Way of the Greater Triangle Member Agency of Excellence.
Awards & Honors
2013 | Chapel Hill-Carrboro Chamber of Commerce Nonprofit of the Year
2009 | Triangle United Way Agency of Excellence
2005 | Triangle United Way Agency of Excellence
2005 | Triangle Access Award for Disability Services
2002 | N. C. Center for Nonprofits Nonprofit Stewards Award
2000 | N. C. Victim Assistance Network Outstanding Leadership Award
1997 | Donna Stone Memorial Award for Excellence in Abuse Prevention
Providing Help, Hope & Healing: The Numbers
The following statistics are drawn from our 2012-2013 fiscal year:
- We served 618 clients. This represents a 63% increase in the number of clients served over the past three years.
- We served 132 Spanish-speaking clients, a 400% increase over the past three years.
- We held 12 support groups and workshop series, some in English and some in Spanish.
- We provided 816 Community Education programs to 12,342 youth and adults. 78% of those were elementary school students.
- We trained almost 300 adults in proven child abuse prevention techniques through our partnership with the Darkness2Light coalition.